Take charge of your future
If you left high school before graduation, we can help you secure a High School Equivalency Diploma. Through testing, you can demonstrate you have the same skills and knowledge as a high school graduate and create a whole new future for yourself and your family. Once you pass the test, the State of Mississippi will issue a High School Equivalency Diploma to you.
Two ways to jumpstart your success
Mississippi offers two assessments to measure high school equivalency skills.
Mississippi also offers a Competency-based High School Diploma.
The Skill UP Mississippi team is here to help you start your pathway to a rewarding and family-sustaining career. Contact our office at 601-432-6518 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected to a program at a community college near you. You can also view our programs by county map to find an adult education program coordinator in your area.
High School Equivalency Frequently Asked Questions
High school equivalency (HSE) exams are designed for out-of-school youth and adults without a high school diploma.
HSE exams have eligibility requirements. Like taking a driving test, you must meet these eligibility requirements before you can test.
HSE testing is only available to individuals eighteen (18) years of age and older. To be eligible to take an HSE test all sixteen (16) and seventeen (17) year‐olds must meet the following requirements:
- Not currently enrolled in K-12 school.
- Provide documentation (withdrawal form) signed by the superintendent/designee certifying the applicant has been released from compulsory school attendance by the school board.
- Have a signed written consent form from a parent or legal guardian.
*** Individuals under the age of 16 are not eligible to test under any circumstances
There are no residency requirements.
A state-issued photo ID is needed to verify your identity and age on test day before testing can begin.
Identification follow the requirements listed below:
- Original document; photocopied documents are not acceptable
- Cannot be expired
- Meet test vendor ID requirements
- Date of Birth
- Signature, and
The following types of identification will be accepted:
- Driver’s license
- Learner’s Permit
- National/State/Country Identification Card
- Any other form of government‐issued ID that meets test vendor ID requirements